[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem with the cfi flash driver with a x8/x16 flash configuredin x8 mode.

Alex BASTOS alebas at televes.com
Thu Jan 12 17:18:50 CET 2006

Txema,

> Does anybody test the cfi  flash driver (cfi_flash.c) with a  x8/x16
> flash configured in x8 mode ? I'm trying to port U-Boot for a Lite5200B
> with a S29GL128N flash (CFI compliant) using the cfi flash driver.
> U-Boot detects the flash correctly but It's unable to erase or write the
> flash. In my case the following patch fix the bug but I'm not completly
> sure If It's only a bug with my configuration. Any suggestions? Could
> anybody test the patch in other architecture?

I think your topic is very similar to this recent one:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/19970

and previous similar patches have been submited and are still
pending (but it seems they are coming, read the whole thread)

So, yes, til now cfi_flash didn't support x8 mode for AMD chips,
but it will.

Best regards,

Alex BASTOS