[U-Boot-Users] board porting question

Xuezhang Dong xdong at broadcom.com
Thu Jan 12 23:31:05 CET 2006

Thanks for the reply and my appology for the HTML format, I thought mail
server will convert it. Never mind, it wonot happened again.

I was using the latest toolchain from snapgear:
ARM/XSCALE - arm-linux-tools-20051123.tar.gz

And I supplied the compiler with -mbigarm parameter.

Any idea how I can verify/debug this problem?

Thanks.
Xuezhang.

In message
<54AD0F12E08D1541B826BE97C98F99F11C29B3 at NT-SJCA-0751.brcm.ad.broadcom.co
m> you wrote:

> I have a board with arm926 big-endian, serial port, NOR/SRAM. I used
> omap 1610H2 as my code base since the cpu type is same. Problem is
> that the printf() function doesnot work, for example:
> printf("\n%s\n", uboot_version); instead of print the real string, it
> give me the "%s" as is.
> So I want to know it is a big-edian problem or ..., any clue will be
> appreciated.

I can only speculate here. Eventually this  is  a  toolchain  problem
(printf()  being  a variable argument list function and thus sensible
against problems with parameter passing).

And will you please stop posting HTML here???

I am *seriously* considering the option to move this list from SF and
reject all messages  that  contain  HTML  (or  even  base64)  encoded
messages!!!