[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot on ARMEB

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Wed Jan 18 20:43:03 CET 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:30 PM, Brian White wrote:

> I'm looking at using Das U-Boot on a big-endian IXP based system.
> However, v1.1.4 seems to only come with configuration for the "arm"
> arch (not the "armeb" arch).  Does anybody know what is involved in
> getting u-boot to work with "armeb"?

It's just a matter of selecting the proper cross tool.  The ixdp425 is
big
endian, so just use that as an example.  I recently did a port for an
ixp425
big endian wireless router.  When we are sure the code actually passes
the testing, I'll create a patch, but there is nothing specific to big
endian
in any of the update.

Thanks.

	-- Dan