[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot on ARMEB

Dan Malek dan at embeddedalley.com
Wed Jan 18 22:29:12 CET 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Brian White wrote:

> That's what I'm figuring out, but it tried to create a link from
> "asm-arm" and I wasn't sure if there were endian dependencies there.
> Can I just link it to "asm-armeb" and have it work?

All I did was build some cross tools, called them armeb-gcc, etc.
Then:
	setenv ARCH arm
	setenv CROSS_COMPILE armeb-
	make ixdp425_config
	make

and ended up with a big endian U-Boot.  I started hacking from
there and haven't seen any problems.  If there are any, we have
not found them yet.

> I think I'm just going to link all my tools so they're available as
> both "armeb-linux" and "arm-linux".  My worry is that something will
> be specifically little-endian somewhere and will be quietly compiled
> incorrectly.

I think you worry too much, and naming the same tool by those two
different
names would seem to be more of a problem than doing it properly.
If the tools are built correctly for big endian ARM, it seems everything
works fine.

I have no further comments on the subject.  Good Luck.  :-)

	-- Dan