[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 1/5] Add support for AT91SAM9261EK board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 23 23:04:49 CET 2006

In message <43D4EED4.9030508 at rfo.atmel.com> you wrote:

> We can't run cvs commands at work. We are behind a proxy and according
> to some standards imposed by
> an audit company (bla bla bla bla) we are not allowed to even get a
> watched tunnel.
> There is also no way to get a snapshot from sourceforge site without
> using cvs.

Ummm... that argument is just void.

First, CVS is dead and only kept working for a limited  time.  Please
use  GIT  instead.  GIT inherently supports HTTP transfers so I guess
you should be able to access the GIT repository just fine.

Second, the documentation clearly explains how  to  use  the  cvsgrab
tool  (see http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootVersions) to tunnel
CVS through HTTP protocol; again, this should work fine even for  you
behind your restrictive firewall.

Third, you should be in a position to  explain  your  network  admins
that  their role is to enable you to get some work done, not to block
you. They are servants of your company, not Gods.

> I am also asking myself, if there aren't many changes between 1.1.4 and
> top of tree, maybe you should consider
> these patches anyway.

You will need to use GIT anyway to get  access  to  the  testing-NAND
branch.  Any  patches against the current NAND code will just be lost
when we merge that branch back into the trunk.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.