[U-Boot-Users] bd_t structure

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 17:21:17 CET 2006

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message
> <20060124052433.75153.qmail at web32214.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you
> wrote:
> >
> > My question is: can I boot a kernel made with the 2.6.15
> tree
> > with ppcboot instaed of u-boot?
>
> Yes, if you fix either one or the other.
>
> My recommendation is to fix PPCBoot (by installing  U-Boot
> instead).
> Anything else ist just lost effort.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

One more question,
I posted a question on the linux dev mailing list about 2.6
performance and didn't get a reply. The question was about your
findings on the difference between 2.4 and 2.6, so I'll ask you
directly.:-)

So far your findings about the size is correct. My 2.4 is around
850k and the 2.6 with the same functionality is greater then
1MEG.
Should I expect the performance to be less then 2.4 or has the
kernel been improved since then?

BTW, my processor is a 405EP.