[U-Boot-Users] bd_t structure

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 17:15:46 CET 2006

--- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> In message
> <20060124052433.75153.qmail at web32214.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you
> wrote:
> >
> > My question is: can I boot a kernel made with the 2.6.15
> tree
> > with ppcboot instaed of u-boot?
>
> Yes, if you fix either one or the other.
>
> My recommendation is to fix PPCBoot (by installing  U-Boot
> instead).
> Anything else ist just lost effort.
>
> Best regards,

I agree, but I don't have the time right now. I just wanted
confirmation of what I suspected, the bd_t structures are
different for ppcboot and u-boot.
I'll just hack it (bd_t) for now and port u-boot when I get the
kernel up and running. This is my first time porting from 2.4.x
to 2.6 so my efforts are concentrated on that right now.
Thanks for the reply.