[U-Boot-Users] max gunzip output buffer size in do_bootm()

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Tue Jan 24 17:28:34 CET 2006

Hi,

I ran into trouble when booting huge compressed images via bootm.
do_bootm uses a fixed maximum size for the uncompressed data of 0x400000
bytes. That's not enough for our images (about uncompressed 9MB VxWorks
image).

Is there any reason for the 4MB limiting? I'd like to post a patch that
fixes this issue:

a) just increase the unc_len variable to e.g. 16MB
b) add a define with default to board config file
(CONFIG_MAX_BOOTM_UNC_LEN). When not defined in config file, 0x400000 is
used
c) set unc_len to mem size :-) So user must know what he is doing.

What do you like best?

BTW: When the uncompressed data is more than the unc_len limit no error
is reported. The uncompressed data is just truncated leading to
corrupted uncompressed data. Should that be fixed, too?

Regards
Matthias