[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 5/5] Add DataFlash support for AT91SAM9261EK board

Lacressonniere Nicolas nicolas.lacressonniere at rfo.atmel.com
Thu Jan 26 10:13:27 CET 2006

Dear Wolfgang,

> Do you really think  this  is  needed?  I  think  that  the  existing
> dataflash  implementation  (for  the AT91RM9200) does not require any
> NOR flash either, and it does not need to do this.

Yes, I think it is necessary. I just had a look at AT91RM9200
implementation, and it includes all NOR flash stuff even if NOR flash is not
used... (cmd_flash.c requires a board/at91rm9200dk/flash.c and so on...)
As you told me before, we could use the same flash functions for NOR Flash
and DataFlash but it would break all existing code using
CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH flag. That's why I think the best thing is to use
CFG_NO_FLASH flag which will avoid embedding all NOR Flash stuff...

> If things are interdependent on such a level it's  probably  best  to
> fix  this  first and then submit everything again, telling me to drop
> the previous set of patches.

OK, you can drop previous set of patches.

One more thing which is not clear to me. Concerning NAND development, you
told me to use testing-NAND git branch. But do I have to submit every
patches (board, lcd, usb...) against that branch or only the NAND part? If I
submit everything against testing-NAND branch, will it be included in a
future u-boot-1.1.5 release, for example?

Best regards.
Nicolas.