[U-Boot-Users] resume from suspend-to-RAM support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 1 11:07:03 CEST 2006

Dear Guennadi,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.60.0607010923510.4386 at poirot.grange> you wrote:

> Thanks, Wolfgang, for replying! (are you still doing RTAI for 2.6 on
> ppc?). I am particularly happy to see you replying, as you must know quite

No, not really. We keep it running on 2.4 for very  low  end  systems
(like MPC8xx at 50 MHz), where each clock cycle saved is a big win.

Except from this, we use and recommend Xenomai, both on 2.4 and  2.6,
and  not  only  for  PowerPC.  The  next  version of our ELDK will be
Xenomai based, and as a founding member of the OSADL we will  try  to
come   up   with   a   Xenomai  based  solution  that  meets  OSADL's
certification requirements.

So in short: RTAI is dead, and Xenomai is the way to goo.

Oops. Sorry for being off topic here.

> well - what's the status of STR on embedded ppc? No support in stock
> kernel. Are you doing any? If yes, with what bootloader (sorry, it is not
> directly related to u-boot, but indirectly it is:-)). Is u-boot support
> planned? How difficult would it be?

At the moment, we don't have any specific projects running to support
STR on any platform. If there should come such a  project,  we  would
use U-Boot as boot loader, of course.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That's the thing about people who think  they  hate  computers.  What
they really hate is lousy programmers.
- Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle in "Oath of Fealty"