[U-Boot-Users] Building U-Boot without cmd_ide.c?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 12 01:28:40 CEST 2006

In message <44B42D5E.6080603 at freescale.com> you wrote:
> I'm working on providing support for the 8349e-mITX, which is another 8349 variant.  I'm taking some old patches for U-Boot 1.1.3 and porting them to the latest code.  Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about the 8349 or U-Boot, so this is a diffic
> ult task.

May I ask why you use old, obsolete  code?  Please  use  the  current
version (i. e. top of git repo) instead.

> What I have so far won't boot at all.  I power on the system and nothing happens.  Obviously, I have no idea what's wrong.

Use a debugger?

> The reason these CFG_ATA_xxxx options are undefined is because they
> only get defined if  CONFIG_COMPACT_FLASH  is  defined.  Is  there  a
> reason why cmd_ide.c is being compiled? Do I really need it? Should I

Most probably you have enabled IDE support in your board config file...
And please don't ask *us* if *you* need it. Or, if you ask, the answer
has obviously to be: no, you don't.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q:  What is "SMOORPLAY"?
A:  It's what SMURFS do before they SMUCK, of course!