[U-Boot-Users] booting over firewire/1394

pan123_123 at comcast.net pan123_123 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 00:06:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am new to u-boot  and so apologize if this question has been answered before or if not quite providing the information that is needed to answer this question.

I have a MPC8560 based board with a fireware interface to another board.  The latter board has a disk and I want to boot the former over firewire.
I looked at the u-boot MPC8560 board config file and was not able to find any CONFIG option for a firewire boot.

Has anyone experimented with adding firewire support to u-boot for the PPC?  (I noticed that PPCboot mentions booting over firewire and usb as options for the future).  If not,  should I consider using u-boot to load a linux boot-image (with 1394 support) and then the latter to load the actual (app-image)?

Thanks,
Pankaj