[U-Boot-Users] Question on MII devices

Madhu Saravana Sibi Govindan ssshayagriva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 01:36:08 CEST 2006

Hello,

I apologize for repeating this message.

I'm currently debugging u-boot on a custom board. It has a STE100p PHY
device. However, when I do "mii info" at the U-boot command prompt, I
see this:

PHY_PHYIDR2 @ 0x0 = 0x0011
device name  = ppc_4xx_eth0
PHY_PHYIDR[1,2] @ 0x0 = 0x1c040011
PHY 0x00: OUI = 0x70100, Model = 0x01, Rev = 0x01, 100baseT, FDX

[ A bunch of errors]

PHY_PHYIDR2 @ 0x1f = 0x0011
device name  = ppc_4xx_eth0
PHY_PHYIDR[1,2] @ 0x1f = 0x1c040011
PHY 0x1F: OUI = 0x70100, Model = 0x01, Rev = 0x01, 100baseT, FDX

I'm confident that there is only one PHY device. If so, why should the
same device be seen twice? Has anyone seen this behavior before and
know what might be wrong?

I can't get the "ping" command to work (though the ethernet interface
is recognized and initialized by u-boot). The U-boot debug statements
say that the board is sending out ARP requests, but no body seems to
receive the request (using ethereal).  Can someone give me directions
as to how to debug this problem?

Thanks in advance,
G.Sibi