[U-Boot-Users] extending u-boot

Maximus john.maximus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:01:45 CEST 2006

Hi,
   u-boot (boot loader) size is limited  by the size of the first sectors.

   I want to extend u-boot - say i would like to have my own tests that need to
   be executed when i give command.

  There are ONLY 2 ways of doing it - AFAIK

   1) include the test code (commands) as a part of u-boot
   2) Download the test cases as a part of an app and run it using
tftpboot or serial port download.

  If i try to include all the test cases as part of u-boot. the size
becomes a concern if the number of tests are more.

   If we take the second case, can this app access the serial port/drivers.

   How can this be achieved?.

   if yes, What will be the state of u-boot when this app is running.
wont it  also try to read from the serial port?.

  Is there any example of such an application?.

Regards,
Jo