[U-Boot-Users] Best place to implement custom "bootdelay" functionnality

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 17 20:41:52 CEST 2006

In message <200607171733.37832.laurent.pinchart at tbox.biz> you wrote:

> If the button has been held long enough, I would like to stop the U-Boot
> automatic boot process, much like a character on the serial port does.

See the other boards which modify boot behavious  depeinding  on  key
presses at power-on / reset (like lwmon, trab, delta, ...).

> I thought I would implement the button check and LED blink code in
> last_stage_init(void). I'd like to get advices regarding the best way to then
> tell U-Boot not to run bootcmd automatically.

The boards we ported usually execute programmable commands when a key
press (resp. a combination of keys) is detected. Such a  command  can
for example modify the bootdelay setting, change bootargs or redefine
bootcmd.

> mistake). fpga_load() can easily be called from last_stage_init(), but I
> wonder if there is a public API to load the FPGA configuration file from a
> CramFS partition much like the fsload command does. I'd like to avoid
> duplicate code as much as possible.

Yes, there is. Guess what  common/cmd_fpga.c  and  common/fpga.c  are
for...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You can do this in a number of ways.     IBM chose to do all of them.
Why do you find that funny?        -- D. Taylor, Computer Science 350