[U-Boot-Users] No serial output from mips/au1550

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 01:01:28 CEST 2006

On 7/19/06, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <FAB00A8DC59FAB42B13C2B3B0F6877010EFD30C8 at ehost011-3.exch011.intermedia.net> you wrote:
> > I have x86 host and PPC440E target. I tried to step through code, but
>
> Don't expect any real help. You are violating basic netiquette rules.
>
> Your subject says "No serial output from mips/au1550",  and  now  you
> claim this is a 440E PowerPC system.

Whoa - the person who said he had a PPC is not the original poster, he
just hijacked someone else's thread.

To the original poster, in addition to the other suggestions, check
the values in the
(IIRC) sys_pinfunc register.  Some of the serial ports can be switched to gpio.
You might also check the clocking setup (cpupll, auxpll, clock
divisors, etc) if you changed it from the defaults.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.