[U-Boot-Users] problem compiling examples

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 20 17:49:29 CEST 2006

In message <OF12B02AD1.301DD4FB-ONC12571B1.0041C28F-C12571B1.0043B2A4 at telex.com> you wrote:

> im currently working with the coldfire port of u-boot. When I try to
> compile the examples, the following error occurs:
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `hello_world.srec', needed by `all'.

Please see the archive, this has been reported a couple times before.
Your version of "make" is broken.

> If I swap the targets as shown below, the problem dissapears:

Yes, this is the typical indication of the broken "make" problem.

> I use Gnu Make 3.81 on a debian linux host.
> Has anybody else had this problem? Would it be ok to change the Makefile
> or is there another soluten?

No, it is NOT ok to change the Makefile. Fix your broken tools instead.

> --=_alternative 0043B179C12571B1_=

And DO NOT POST HTML HERE!!!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.