[U-Boot-Users] skipping bad blocks when erasing nand

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Jul 21 01:22:06 CEST 2006

David Byron wrote:
> On Friday, July 14th, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>
>> I tend to agree here, which was the reason that I said I was  willing
>> to  accept  the patch, but that at least the printf() shoould be kept
>> so that the user gets the warning.
>
> Sorry for the delay.  Here's a patch that lets the erase continue, but does
> print a message.

Instead of printing a message for each block, I think it would be neater
to give a summary at the end like:

x blocks erased successfully. y blocks ignored.

nand bad command gives the list anyway if someone is more inclined to
find out what blocks.

What do you (and Wolfgang) think about my proposal?

Tolunay