[U-Boot-Users] Setting strataflash lock bit accidentally

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 21 13:45:32 CEST 2006

In message <44C0B8EC.8090405 at dave-tech.it> you wrote:

> > Use MTD tools under Linux to unlock the flash?
>
> Indeed this is a possible solution but I'm looking for a general one
> implemented in u-boot. In fact it must work with any operating system
> and I must assume o.s. might not provide MTD or similar tools.

It is easy to postulate  requirements.  But  seriously,  if  you  are
careless  enough  to  use  flash chips which can change modes or even
lose data by just writing random data to  sequential  addresses  then
you  must  also  accept  the  consequences.  Either  provide adequate
recovery mechanisms in Linux or your OS of choice or in U-Boot.

I have to admit that I fail to understand what exactly  your  problem
is:  if  you  want  to use the hardware protection features in U-Boot
(including the unlocking of locked sectors)  then  just  enable  this
feature in U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore. It's too crowded.