[U-Boot-Users] u-boot flash for yellowstone board with external programmer

Andriy Korud a.korud at vector.com.pl
Fri Jul 21 18:38:53 CEST 2006

Hello,
for some reason we need to replace flash chip on yellowstone board and program it with external programmer.
The question is that for external programmer flash is visible as 0-64M, and I'm not sure where should I program 512k of u-boot? I assume that at the end of the chip (CPU is looking at the end, at 0xfffffffc),am I right?
Also concerning endianness -as board has swapped data and address signals (flash_A0->cpu_A30, flash_D0->cpu_D15) I assume that image can be programmed "as is" - 16-bit word-by-word without any conversion? Please fix me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Andriy Korud