[U-Boot-Users] u-boot flash for yellowstone board with external programmer

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 21 19:13:44 CEST 2006

In message <60E856FD577CC04BA3727AF4122D3F160123856C at 3bit.vector.com.pl> you wrote:

> for some reason we need to replace flash chip on yellowstone board and program it with external programmer.
> The question is that for external programmer flash is visible as 0-64M, and I'm not sure where should I program 512k of u-boot? I assume that at the end of the chip (CPU is looking at the end, at 0xfffffffc),am I right?

The normale image address for U-Boot on the  yelowstone  is  FFF80000
(flash  being  mapped  ion the FC000000 ... FFFFFFFF area); so if you
see 0 ... 64M = 04000000, then you will have to program the image  at
0x3F80000

> Also concerning endianness -as board has swapped data and address
> signals (flash_A0->cpu_A30, flash_D0->cpu_D15) I assume that image

There are no swapped signals. Just keep in mind that on PowerPC MSB =
Bit 0.

> can be programmed "as is" - 16-bit word-by-word without any
> conversion? Please fix me if I'm wrong.

Right.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers."      - Chip Salzenberg