[U-Boot-Users] MPC8349E-MDS working

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 21 19:51:39 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Thanks Dave and Ben, I can now boot with the latest U-Boot.

I was incorrectly flashing the image to the older 0xFE700000
location.

Since this will likely bite someone else, I would like to
create

u-boot/doc/README.mpc8349emds

since there isn't one there already. Is there a standard
style I should follow, or can I just work in the style of
README.mpc83xxads?

Something like this:

1. U-Boot build procedure

2. Upgrading to the latest U-Boot from the Freescale 1.1.3
    patched U-Boot delivered on the board

3. Configuring U-Boot for the board operating in PCI
    agent mode

I've now performed 1 & 2, but haven't looked at 3.

Using od, I see that the HCRW at the start of the U-Boot
image is for PCI Host mode with arbiters enabled,
i.e., the RCW words are (0x04040000, 0xB060A0000).
For agent mode RCW words would need to be
(0x04040000, 0xB060A0000). So when I get to the
PCI agent testing stage, I'll take a look in
the U-Boot source to see is there is a config
option to select agent mode. If you guys have used
that mode, or know of any other changes I would need
to make, please feel free to comment.

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Dave