[U-Boot-Users] Newbie needs help to build Uboot

Nhat.Tran at foxconn.com Nhat.Tran at foxconn.com
Thu Jun 1 20:38:31 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to Uboot and Linux.  I have a Taihu board and trying to build the
firmware for this board.

I installed successfully ELDK from the CD included in the Eval Kit.  I
also downloaded "taihu_u-boot_src.tar.gz" from AMCC website and extracted
it to a local directory.

When I tried to run "make ppc_config", I got the error message below:

"make: gcc: command not found"
"make: ***: No rule to make target `ppc_config'.  Stop."

I found gcc program under /ELDK/ppc_4xx/usr/bin.  But when I went to this
directory and tried to run gcc from there, it also said "gcc: command not
found"

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Nhat Tran