[U-Boot-Users] Newbie needs help to build Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 1 22:39:47 CEST 2006

In message <OF7EE01B14.227700A3-ON05257180.0065A4B4 at houston.foxconn.com> you wrote:

> "make: gcc: command not found"

Make sure the GNU C compiler is installed on your host system.

> "make: ***: No rule to make target `ppc_config'.  Stop."

Make sure to use the correct  config  name.  "ppc_config"  is  pretty
unlikely; I'd expect to see "taihu_config" here.

> I found gcc program under /ELDK/ppc_4xx/usr/bin.  But when I went to this
> directory and tried to run gcc from there, it also said "gcc: command not
> found"

This is the cross compiler.

Ummm... may I recommend to RTFM? The manual includes a section  about
the  ELDK  and it's correct use, and about how to configure and build
U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty. You might want  to  mug
someone with it."                   - M. Devine, Computer Science 340