[U-Boot-Users] AT91 u-boot lowlevel init Dataflash

Marco Cavallini arm.linux at koansoftware.com
Mon Jun 5 18:43:18 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am trying to use u-boot-1.1.4 with AT91RM9200 based board.
Using Parallel flash all works perfectly, but if I try using u-boot
stored in Dataflash i face to some problems and comparing two cases I
see that CPU clock are different.
Seems that is required a RomBoot provided by Atmel which launch u-boot.
Is it really necessary ?
Maybe I've miss an option that avoid RomBoot usage ?
CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT seems used only with parallel flash, what when
  using Dataflash ?

Boot from Dataflash : define CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT 1
Machine: Atmel AT91RM9200
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
Clocks: CPU 59 MHz, master 59 MHz, main 18.432 MHz
         ^^^^^^^^^^
Boot from Parallel flash : undef CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT
Machine: Atmel AT91RM9200
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
Clocks: CPU 179 MHz, master 59 MHz, main 18.432 MHz

Every hint will be appreciated
TIA
--
Marco Cavallini