[U-Boot-Users] AT91 u-boot lowlevel init Dataflash

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Tue Jun 6 10:10:21 CEST 2006

Dear Marco!

Marco Cavallini schrieb:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use u-boot-1.1.4 with AT91RM9200 based board.
> Using Parallel flash all works perfectly, but if I try using u-boot
> stored in Dataflash i face to some problems and comparing two cases I
> see that CPU clock are different.
> Seems that is required a RomBoot provided by Atmel which launch u-boot.
> Is it really necessary ?
> Maybe I've miss an option that avoid RomBoot usage ?

You can omit the RomBoot step if you are able to build an U-Boot which
fits into ~12KB of the internal SRAM.

RomBoot has to be adopted to your target hardware, especially for CPU
clock and memory initialisation. The Atmel provided RomBoot can only be
compiled with ARM ADS but there is also a GCC version available:

http://www.teest.com/at91/romboot.tar.gz

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--