[U-Boot-Users] Problems loading ramdisk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 10 00:51:08 CEST 2006

In message <20060609221556.35601.qmail at web37110.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have a very simple and somewhat embarassing question
> regarding u-boot and loading a ramdisk. I am trying to
> bootm 50040000 50180000
                            ^^^^^^^^

The bootm command will pass the address of the ramdisk to  the  Linux
kernel  using  the  appropriate  ATAGS  for  this. It also passes the
correct memory size to use.

> Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200
> root=/dev/ram0 initrd=0x00800000,8M me
                          ^^^^^^^^
> m=64M at 0x00000000 hdc=noprobe hdd=noprobe

...thus you should not pass any  initrd=  and  mem=  options  on  the
commandline unless you know *exactly* what you are doing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No problem is insoluble.
	-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4