[U-Boot-Users] Problems loading ramdisk

Michael Sprauve mike_sprauve at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 06:36:43 CEST 2006

Hi,
So just make sure I understand your response
1)The 50180000 address that I pass to the bootloader
is the location of where I stored my ramdisk image in
flash
2)When I create the ramdisk.bin using mkimage, the
load address I used (using the -a option) is pass to
the kernel using the ATAG method along the size of the
ramdisk
3)Because of that, I won't need to use the "initrd"
parameter in my bootargs

If I understand all of that is correct, then I must be
missing something else, since after setting my
bootargs to "console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0
mem=16M" I still the same error, where it seems the
kernel can't find the ramdisk location

"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block(1,0)"

<20060609221556.35601.qmail at web37110.mail.mud.yahoo.com>