[U-Boot-Users] Ramdisk over NFS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 19 22:32:32 CEST 2006

In message <3C02138692C13C4BB675FE7EA24095291321CD at bluefin.Soneticom.local> you wrote:

> I am looking to load the Ramdisk image over NFS onto my development
> board, instead of using the NFS mount AS the root file system. The
> reason for this is that our ethernet is not yet working from within
> linux, so it will not hold onto the NFS mount. I want it to load the
> linux image over NFS, then load the Ramdisk image into memory so it
> works on the dev board. Is this possible? Thank you for your prompt
> response

As I already wrote to you in private mail:  yes,  this  is  possible.
Just use the "nfsboot" command in U-boot (or TFTP).

*BUT*: please read the netiquette, and don't send the same message to
mailing list(s) plus individuals. This is wasting our time, and  thus
kind of impolite.

Also:

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C693D7.0ACBA393

NEVER post HTML to this list!