[U-Boot-Users] Question about the setenv command

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 06:48:57 CEST 2006

> I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 on a gumstix (PXA255).
>
> In version 1.1.2, I was able to use a command like this:
>
> setenv linux "$bootcmd"
>
> and this would make the variable 'linux' have the same value as the
> variable 'bootcmd'
>
> This doesn't seem to work in 1.1.4. Is there another way of setting
> the contents of one variable to be equal to the contents of another
> variable?

Hmmm. It seems to work for simple variables. My bootcmd looks like this:

bootcmd=icache on;setenv stderr nulldev; setenv stdout nulldev; if
mmcinit && fatload mmc 0 a2000000 gumstix-factory.script; then setenv
stdout serial; setenv stderr serial; echo Found gumstix-factory
script...; autoscr; else setenv stdout serial;setenv stderr
serial;fsload && bootm; fi

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada