[U-Boot-Users] Question about the setenv command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 26 11:15:53 CEST 2006

In message <c32efac40606252026l2e4d2628w4e3b6b600a135659 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 on a gumstix (PXA255).

Where did you get the sources from? I understand that this is not the
official source tree?

> In version 1.1.2, I was able to use a command like this:
>
> setenv linux "$bootcmd"
>
> and this would make the variable 'linux' have the same value as the
> variable 'bootcmd'

Yes. Thisis standard use and must work on all systems.

> This doesn't seem to work in 1.1.4. Is there another way of setting
> the contents of one variable to be equal to the contents of another
> variable?

Your command is absolutely correct. If it doesn't work on your  board
then there is amajor bug in your code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
First study the enemy.  Seek weakness.
	-- Romulan Commander, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2