[U-Boot-Users] Dataflash and JFFS2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 26 15:07:42 CEST 2006

In message <e7ok08$8eq$1 at sea.gmane.org> you wrote:

> i get the following error when typing "fsinfo":
> <log>
> no such FLASH device: nor0 (valid range 0 ... -1
> incorrect device: nor0
> </log>
>
> my settings in modified at91rm9200dk.h-file are:
>
> #undef CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_DEV		"nor0"
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_PART_SIZE		0x3f6fbf
> #define CONFIG_JFFS2_PART_OFFSET	0xc0029040

This seems pretty broken to me.

First, data flash is not NOR  flash,  so  the  name  "nor0"  is  very
misleading.

Second, 0x3f6fbf is a very odd size for a flash partitions.

Similarly, 0xc0029040 is a very unlikely partition offset.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hiring experienced unix people is  like  a  built-in  filter  against
idiots. Hiring experienced NT people provides no such guarantee.
            -- Miguel Cruz in WgL96.349$CC.122704 at typhoon2.ba-dsg.net