[U-Boot-Users] logbuffer

Michael R. Hines mhines at google.com
Fri Jun 30 04:01:13 CEST 2006

I'd like to use the logbuffer functionality in u-boot...

After #define'ing CONFIG_LOGBUFFER, I can
successfully see our data getting printed to the reserved
16K region in dram. However, we want to grab that data
back out after linux has booted.

During the various initializations that linux does on boot,
(somewhere before init is actually run, I believe), the data
in the 16K buffer at the end of dram gets over-written
by somebody inside linux, and is lost.

I found a thread somewhere on the net where Wolfgang
mentioned that linux needed a patch to be told not to
intrude on those logbuffer pages, but nothing more than
that.

Is there a proper way to handle this?

Thanks,
- Michael R. Hines