Fw: Re: [U-Boot-Users] Squashfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 1 21:05:46 CET 2006

In message <20060301.Wel.94590600 at 192.168.0.1> you wrote:

> > Also couldn't find any info about whether you could use it with u-boot.

It's not clear what you mean by "use it with u-boot".

> > Although I suppose U-boot can use whatever filesystem your kernel can handle

No. U-Boot can "use" only the file systems that  are  available  with
U-Boot and selected in your specific configuration.

What the Linux kernel later does is a completely different story.

And please don't top post / full quote.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The bad reputation UNIX has gotten is totally undeserved, laid on by
people who don't understand, who have not gotten in there  and  tried
anything."          -- Jim Joyce, owner of Jim Joyce's UNIX Bookstore