[U-Boot-Users] bootargs for partitioned nand flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 2 10:26:25 CET 2006

In message <OF59F26445.61F7D04D-ON48257125.002C708D-48257125.002CF471 at applera.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to get a 64 MByte nand flash to be partitioned in a 32MB cramfs
> and 32MB jffs2 partition. In case anyone's curious, I would like the
> cramfs to be root as it would be a faster mount and its read-only feature.

All this is off topic here. It has nothing to do with U-Boot.

Also note that a cramfs may fail  to  work  in  case  there  are  bad
sectors in your NAND device.

> so I realise that this is affected by the bootargs passed by u-bootloader

It does not matter which bot loader passes the arguments - it is only a Linux kernel issue.

> How should I passed the bootargs?

You might have a look at the CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE  config  option  in
U-Boot (see CHANGELOG).

> --=_alternative 002CF47148257125_=

And NEVER post HTML here!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"How is this place run - is it an anarchy?"
"No, I wouldn't say so; it is not that well organised..."