[U-Boot-Users] HELP! can't save environment variables

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 17 11:16:42 CET 2006

In message <67a3f13e0603170124s1e39282erdc802cc18e50e01 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I ported u-boot to my customized s3c2410 board. My board uses
> NOR flash SST39xF1601(2MB). Everything seems to be ok except it
> can't save environment variables using saveenv command.

Then your flash configuration does not match your hardware.

> Would you tell me how to solve that issue? Thanks.

Fix your configuration.

> I defined smdk2410.h about flash as belows:

This is not enough to make any statements, especially  sinc  we  know
nothing about your hardware.

> #define CFG_ENV_SIZE            0x20000 /* Total Size of Environment Sector */

One formal comment: Your comment is wrong here. What you  #define  is
the  toal  size  of  the  environment, not the size of an environment
sector. These *might* be the identical, but would be pure chance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man  to  fish,
and he'll invite himself over for dinner.             - Calvin Keegan