[U-Boot-Users] Detailed documents......

Mehul Gohel mehul.gohel at einfochips.com
Fri Mar 17 12:57:23 CET 2006

Hi All,
    I am fresh engineer in this field working with DM6446 EVM DAVINCI board
which contains DSP as well ARMEJ9. I need to bring that board up. I don't
have any experience of how to load the boot loader, how the things goes
after boot loader get loaded, so and so. I am working by reading all the
document in u-boot source tree and going through the code of u-boot-1.1.3.
So can anybody help me to provide document kind of material that gives step
wise DETAIL of all the steps starting from boot loader installation to
running kernel. such that it helps me to make my task ease. I am going to
download the boot loader file through UART to internal RAM of ARM. Because I
am confused that how to write the image in NAND FLASH, thats why I am using
the other option and that is to download the boot image from UART where one
host utility will be runing on the host PC that does few handshaking with
board's primary boot loader and than downloads secondry boot loader from the
host PC.

Thanks,
Mehul Gohel