[U-Boot-Users] Detailed documents......

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 17 22:06:31 CET 2006

In message <E1FKDWn-00029C-Df at mail.sourceforge.net> you wrote:

>     I am fresh engineer in this field working with DM6446 EVM DAVINCI board
> which contains DSP as well ARMEJ9. I need to bring that board up. I don't
> have any experience of how to load the boot loader, how the things goes
> after boot loader get loaded, so and so. I am working by reading all the
> document in u-boot source tree and going through the code of u-boot-1.1.3.

Why are you starting with OLD code? Please use the top of  tree  from
the git repository instead!

> am confused that how to write the image in NAND FLASH, thats why I am using
> the other option and that is to download the boot image from UART where one
> host utility will be runing on the host PC that does few handshaking with
> board's primary boot loader and than downloads secondry boot loader from the
> host PC.

You should really start reading the FAQ.

And NEVER post HTML!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"My name is Linus Torvalds, you messed with my kernel, prepare to die"
                                                  - Linus Torvalds in
      <Pine.LNX.3.91.960426110644.24860I-100000 at linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>