[U-Boot-Users] Valid EMAC address

Mathieu Deschamps mathieu.deschamps at com2gether.net
Mon Mar 27 10:01:51 CEST 2006

Hello ,

I've just found that an invalid EMAC address -I guess-  I've given to test,
was the reason for all NET_COMMANDS (ping, tftpboot and the like) to gently
fail without any errors whereas NET_DEBUG and ET_DEBUG were definied.

Indeed, I've change supposed invalid addr 47:55:47:55:47:55:aa to
12:43:56:78:90:aa and it worked. So here I come and apolozige in advance
if somebody already answered theses, I haven't found anything relevant in
archives  :

How to determin if a EMAC is valid/legal ? Why u-boot doesn't implement
such a validiy test -at least when debugging is defined- in order to defeat
that strange developper reflex, looking for _the_ inexisting bug ?

Best Regards,

Mathieu Deschamps

--
Com2gether Design Center
Electronic and Embedded Engineering Services