[U-Boot-Users] Valid EMAC address

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 27 13:07:47 CEST 2006

In message <200603271001.51241.mathieu.deschamps at com2gether.net> you wrote:

> I've just found that an invalid EMAC address -I guess-  I've given to test,
> was the reason for all NET_COMMANDS (ping, tftpboot and the like) to gently
> fail without any errors whereas NET_DEBUG and ET_DEBUG were definied.

You are charged with the felony of not reading the FAQ.

> if somebody already answered theses, I haven't found anything relevant in
> archives  :

Grrrrghhh... and what is this:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/EthernetDoesNotWork ???

> How to determin if a EMAC is valid/legal ? Why u-boot doesn't implement

READ THE FAQ!!!

> such a validiy test -at least when debugging is defined- in order to defeat
> that strange developper reflex, looking for _the_ inexisting bug ?

Quote:

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,  because
that would also stop you from doing clever things."       - Doug Gwyn

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.