[U-Boot-Users] help understanding bd_t passing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 29 00:16:33 CEST 2006

In message <20060328171315.GL27792 at bork.org> you wrote:

> I've got a ppc405gp board that has been running U-boot/Linux for a
> while, but using a silly hack in cmd_go to pass in our arguments.  I
> haven't quite figured out how the kernel gets the bd_t pointer.  I"m

"go" is not used to boot Linux. Please RTFM.

> also confused by the seemingly inconsistent bd_t structures between the
> kernel and u-boot.

Will you please read the FAQ, and maybe the U-Boot and/or the  kernel
code that deals with parameter passing?

> So what the hacked version of u-boot (hacked by someone else) currently
> does is declare a simple bd_t in cmd_go and pass the address of that
> as the only parameter when we jump to addr.

This is plain wrong/ "go" was never  designed  to  bootLinux.  Please
RTFM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.
	-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3259.2