[U-Boot-Users] about some variables in Makefile

lucasjin lucasjin at 126.com
Thu Mar 30 07:27:07 CEST 2006

   Hi guys:

    I am a beginner of U-Boot, and now I am trying to understand the Makefiles.

    There are some variables in the Makefile under the
top directory, which are used without being defined and initiated. For
example:

    PLATFORM_LIBS: "PLATFORM_LIBS += --no-warn-mismatch
-L $(shell dirname `$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -print-libgcc-file-name`) -lgcc",

    and

    OBJCFLAGS: "$(OBJCOPY) ${OBJCFLAGS} -O srec $< $@".

    I've checked all the *.mk which are included
directly or indirectly by this Makefile and have not find any
defination or initiation. I also have made sure that they are not
environment variables of LINUX.

    I'm so wondering. If anyone could give me an explaination, I will appreciate it so much!

    Best Wishes

                        Lucas Jin

lucasjin at 126.com

                        2006-03-29