[U-Boot-Users] MPC8349EMDS port

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 30 19:20:56 CEST 2006

Wolfgang,

I was looking at merging the EMDS and ADS ports for MPC834x and was
wondering about a few things:

* EMDS has TEXT_BASE @ 0xFE000000, and ADS at 0xFE700000 where do you
end up programming u-boot at? (for example what is the flash command
you use to reprogram a u-boot image on the board).

* I had to rework the BATs to be able to cover everything properly
which also meant moving a few things around.
CFG_BCSR 0xF8000000 -> 0xE2400000
CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR 0xE8000000 -> 0xFD000000

This is so we can fit everything into the 8 BATS and maintain proper
WIMG settings.

If you can explain the TEXT_BASE difference and how that works out
and are ok with the changing of CFG_BCSR and CFG_INIT_RAM_ADDR then
I'll push some patches to merge ADS & MDS, remove ADS, and we get PCI
support on EMDS out of it.

let me know.

- kumar