[U-Boot-Users] MPC8260 Data Chache enabling, (performance improvement) Despite indication in documentation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 2 17:01:13 CEST 2006

Hello PDF conversion!

What about providing a real name here?

In message <20060502144508.14076.qmail at web37106.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I know that the documentation indicates: "Data cache cannot be enabled on systems like 8xx or 8260(where access to IMMR region must be uncached). D cache cannot be diabled on other systems where we (mis-)use d-cache to hold an initial stach & some data.
> .."

Your lines are too long. Please read the netiquette and restict  your
lines to something like 70 characters or so.

> However I want to confirm if this is possible before I try it out on the system. I also welcome any other solutions to improve performance of the MPC8260. Presently I only have the I-cache working but need the d-cache to be enabled wihout the exception
> interrupt routine 200.

What exactly do you expect? That I repeat the words  written  in  the
documentation? Gosh!

In the subject you write "(performance improvement)" - where  do  you
expect  a  significant performance improvement in U-Boot if you could
enable the D-cache?

And NEVER post HTML here again, NEVER!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I am an atheist, thank God!