[U-Boot-Users] TEXT_BASE and hardware configuration word on MPC8248

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Fri May 5 13:47:16 CEST 2006

Hello Laurent,

the CPU has two starting points called "low boot" and "high boot".
It's either the first or the last MB of the address space, i.e. 0x0 or
0xFFF00000. It is just a matter of mapping the flash into local memory. In
either case, the reset exception vector is located at offset 0x100, thus
results in 0x00000100 or 0xFFF00100.

The reset vector is NOT RELATED to the flash base address.

regards,
André