[U-Boot-Users] NAND search for bad blocks on startup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 8 22:13:44 CEST 2006

In message <200605081846.k48IkhDL017032 at xdr.com> you wrote:

> Hmmm. I guess I don't really understand the reasons why the nand bad was
> done automatically on startup in the first place. I'm mainly just
> speaking of during development -- 5-10 seconds additional delay on
> each iteration of testing out u-boot adds up. So it would be nice to
> be able to *not* do the nand bad intentionally at startup during
> development.

Don't enable NAND support in your board config file until  the  other
areas  in your code are debugged; then enable it when you want to get
NAND working.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some  can  avoid  it.
Geniuses remove it.
     - Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept.  1982