[U-Boot-Users] lost between in_ram and "bl board_init_r"

Antonio Di Bacco antonio.dibacco at aruba.it
Thu May 11 21:46:36 CEST 2006

Problem was solved thanks to Denk suggestions. SDRAM has an internal "mode set
register" that can be programmed putting the desired value over the address
lines (for example you can configure the burst length), then a special cycle
has to be RUN on the cas, ras ... and other lines. If you have  power PC you
have register MCR, MAR to accomplish the task.
You put the SDRAM register value in MAR, then you use MCR to issue the RUN
special cycle that execute a pattern on the bus lines.
Anyway you should read the SDRAM datasheet and processor datasheet.

Probably I was the only not to know this. Anyway, if someone is in trouble I
can be more detailed.

Bye.