[U-Boot-Users] Using a second I2C interface

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Tue May 16 16:50:04 CEST 2006

Hi All,

Here is another approach I followed for OMAP2430 (which has 2 i2c controller, one of which is a High speed I2C controller).
common/cmd_i2c.c:
#if defined(CFG_I2C_BUS_SELECT)
int do_i2c_bus(cmd_tbl_t * cmdtp, int flag, int argc, char *argv[])
{
       int bus_idx, bus_spd, res = 0;
       if (argc < 3) {
               printf("Usage[%d]:\n%s\n", argc, cmdtp->usage);
               return 1;
       }
       bus_idx = simple_strtoul(argv[1], NULL, 16);
       bus_spd = simple_strtoul(argv[2], NULL, 16);
       printf("Setting bus[%d] to Speed[%d]: ", bus_idx, bus_spd);
       res = select_bus(bus_idx, bus_spd);
       if (res) {
               printf("FAILED\n");
       } else {
               printf("PASS\n");
       }
       return res;
}
#endif                         /* bus select */
#if defined(CFG_I2C_BUS_SELECT)
U_BOOT_CMD(ibus, 3, 1, do_i2c_bus,
          "ibus    - Select i2c Bus\n",
          "bus_index speed\n    - Selects the bus index and sets the speed (0x64(ST),0x190(FS),0xD48(HS))\n"
          "      (reports success/failure)\n");
#endif

Allows one to select the bus and then use the normal i2c cmds to work on it.. speed of the bus is not variable and is coded into macros.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon