[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Add command support for second I2C controller
x0nishan at ti.com
Tue May 16 17:10:41 CEST 2006
Some reasons why I am against the approach of giving i2c bus along with
the command itself:
1. Cannot handle scenarios of HS controllers.
2. cmd_i2c is a debug interface, once a bus is selected, we would like
to do read and write operations to a specific chip. To repeat the bus
number all the time is a overhead.
3. To a smaller extent, older users need to be aware of the change
4. a simpler and lesser intrusive implementation adding an additional
command to select bus can achieve the same functionality. (I send a
previous mail with this).
> Attached is a patch to common/cmd_i2c.c that allows access to two I2C
> controllers on a board. Note that this doesn't actually change any
5. importantly, common/cmd_i2c.c is a bad place to limit i2c busses..
each board/.. file should be given the functionality.
More information about the U-Boot