[U-Boot-Users] PATCH: Add command support for secondI2Ccontroller

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Tue May 16 19:15:51 CEST 2006

Hi Ben,
> One sticky part is, how do we deal with the 'CFG_I2C_NOPROBE' stuff?
In my board, I had ignored this.
<snip>
> structure that includes all bus information:
>
> typedef struct _i2c_bus
> {
> 	int	baseAddress
> 	int	busSpeed;
> 	uchar	noProbeList[];
> 	...  /* whatever else might be useful */
> } i2c_bus;

If we keep the following requirements:
1. We don't want to modify implementations of NOPROBE for all previous
drivers
2. as less intrusive change as possible to cmd_i2c.c.

Two approaches appear to me:
1. use additional set_i2c_ignore cmd to select the ignore list/even make
CFG_I2C_NOPROBES indexed on busses.
+ve, minimal change to cmd_i2c.c,
-ve - will be patch on..

2. The structure defined as you gave it
+ve - cleaner
-ve - multiple changes to config files+ additional implementation to all
legacy boards.

My view: I'd go with option 1. Primarily coz I suspect half our
community might be too busy to go back and change and test all previous
implementations.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon